Client Portal (615) 340-5000

Frequently Asked Questions

I work in HR and want to help my company hire an employee on a work visa. Where do I start?

You’ve come to the right place! We would love to talk this through with you. Complete our contact form and we will respond to you right away to set up a consultation.

My company would like to hire an immigration lawyer to represent both the company and the foreign national employee in the visa process. Is that possible?

Our firm frequently represents companies and foreign national employees in a dual-representation relationship.

Do you represent immigration clients from states other than Tennessee?

Yes! We handle cases from all 50 states in the U.S. and from any country abroad.

Do you charge on a flat-fee basis?

Yes, our firm charges on a flat-fee basis for most of our services.  There are occasionally circumstances that require hourly billing, such as in the case of a lengthy Request for Evidence.

How do I notify U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service of my new address?

All foreign nationals residing in the U.S. for more than 30 days are required to formally notify the USCIS of any changes to their home address. This should be done by completing and submitting the form on the USCIS website CoA – Change of Address ( . The notification should be submitted within 10 days of the change of home address. Please also notify your attorney of your change in address.

What is the difference between residency (green card holder) and citizenship (naturalization)?

Residence can be lost through deportation or abandonment, whereas citizenship is permanent unless it is renounced or denaturalization proceedings are commenced, which is very rare. Also, you must be a permanent resident for a specified period of time before you may apply for naturalization. As a citizen, you can petition for your parents to immigrate to the United States as well as siblings, serve on a jury, vote, and apply for a federal job.