U.S. consulates worldwide continue to have technical problems preventing visa issuance. The State Department indicates that visa issuance will not resume until June 22 at the earliest and that, after service resumes, visa applicants will encounter a delay of up to two weeks as the backlog of applications is reduced. Permanent visas (green cards) will be addressed first, such that temporary work visas (E, H, L, TN, and others) may be required to reschedule their visa interview appointments.
- DOS Expands Visa Interview Waiver Program
- USCIS Reaches Settlement That Benefits L-2 and H-4 Spouses
- President Biden Issues Executive Order That Will Lift the Travel Ban on November 8, 2021
- New Rules Affecting H-1B Workers and Employment-Based Green Card Applicants, October 2020
- Executive Order June 2020