The USCIS has recently announced that it will not permit premium processing for any H-1B petitions filed on or after April 3, 2017. This suspension applies to all petitions, whether they are (1) new, transfers, or extensions; (2) subject to or exempt from the cap, or (3) regular or master’s degree petitions. Since H-1B lottery petitions cannot be filed before April 3, all lottery petitions are affected. (The H-1B lottery includes only those petitions received during the first five business days of April, with the first business day being Monday April 3.) Petitions filed prior to April 3 that are not subject to the lottery will receive PPS. The suspension may last up to 6 months.
- Temporary Rule Allows for 540 Day Automatic Extension for Some EADs
- Victoria Gentry Serves as Chair of Immigration Practice Committee of Nashville Bar Association
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is Now Required for Land or Ferry Entry to the U.S.
- DOS Expands Visa Interview Waiver Program
- USCIS Reaches Settlement That Benefits L-2 and H-4 Spouses