The demand for H-1B visa slots is expected to be even stronger than last year, when the odds of being selected in were 1 in 2 and 1 in 2.3 for the master’s and bachelor’s categories, respectively. Employers whose petitions are received by the USCIS during the first five business days of April (Wednesday, April 1 to Tuesday, April 7) will participate in a random lottery for the available visa slots. Those filing after that time will likely not receive any new H-1Bs, due to quota exhaustion. Employers whose petitions are selected will receive an H-1B slot effective October 1, 2015. Those who are not selected or who miss the deadline will not be able to petition for quota-subject H-1B employment until April 2016, with an effective date of October 1, 2016.
- DOS Expands Visa Interview Waiver Program
- USCIS Reaches Settlement That Benefits L-2 and H-4 Spouses
- President Biden Issues Executive Order That Will Lift the Travel Ban on November 8, 2021
- New Rules Affecting H-1B Workers and Employment-Based Green Card Applicants, October 2020
- Executive Order June 2020