Under the Executive Action announced on November 20, the following changes among others are indicated:
- Early Green Card filing and related work permits and travel permits for those who are eligible to apply for adjustment of status but do not have a current priority date.
- Employment authorization for spouses of H-1B workers.
- Improved adjudication of L-1B “specialized knowledge” visas.
- Expanded availability of OPT work authorization for graduating F-1 students
- Additional time for STEM OPT graduates and an expanded definition of STEM.
It is far too early to tell how these provisions will evolve before they are implemented. We will provide updates as they become available.